||Reflections of Eldean #1
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2013 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 30" x 30" (76 cm x 76 cm)
- Techniques: Digital printing, machine pieced,
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting:
50% cotton/ 50% bamboo
- Price: $2800.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
When I met my husband Ron, my hobby was ballroom dancing and his was boating/cruising. He promised to try to learn to ballroom dance and did a great job at it. I promised to try to learn to be a first mate on a boat, although I had absolutely no boating experience.
||In the summer of 2013, Ron chartered a boat named Eldean and we cruised through the San Juan and Gulf Islands, north of Puget Sound. By the end of the cruise, I had earned my first mate badge, which basically means I didn't get sea-sick and at the end of ten days, I could tie a perfect clove-hitch in a salty wet line.
|The landscapes were beautiful everywhere we went but I also became facinated by the patterns of reflections in the water. I took many close-up photos of reflections. The images in this quilt came from reflections of Eldean at the dock in Bellingham, Washington. Below are just a few of these photos.
I manipulated my photos until they seemed more like abstract, graphic designs than pictures. The images were clipped inside rectangles in Corel Draw then printed on Printed Treasures fabric sheets. The Fibonacci
progression (1-2-3-5-8-13 etc.) was used to determine the
proportions of the squares and rectangles, which have the same design/layout as my dandelion quilt, Splendor in the Grass #3. The digital images are surrounded by a border of blue fabric from my Splash collection for Benartex.
This quilt will be part of a solo exhibition called "30 Quilts
for 30 Years", which will premiere at the International Quilt
Festival in Houston, November 2013, and subsequently travel
to additional venues (see travel schedule).
- 30 Quilts for 30 Years: Solo, traveling exhibition celebrating
30 years of making art quilts.
- International Quilt Market & Festival, 2013, Houston
TX, October 25–November 3, 2013
- National Quilt Museum, Paducah KY, December 6, 2013
– March 11, 2014
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Paducah KY March 15, 2014 – May 1, 2014
- Les Jardins de Magali, Lauris, France, May 8 – May 18, 2014
- Visions Art Museum, San Diego, CA, August 1, 2014 – September 21, 2014
- Wisconsin Quilt Museum, Cedarburg, WI, January 14- April 12, 2015
- Liquid Planet: SDA Olympic Peninsula Chapter group exhibit, July 28-Sept 29,
2015, Pipa’s Real Tea, 636 Water St, Port Townsend, WA
- Patchwork Design, Brazil, International Invitational Exhibit
- Centro de Convenções Frei Caneca, March 10-12, 2016
- Clube Monte Líbano, Rio de Janeiro, March 31-April 2, 2016
- Gems of the Ocean, Yachats Commons, Yachats, Oregon, March 10-11-12, 2017
- Photographs and Memories - Pacific Northwest Quilt & Fiber Arts Museum, LaConner, WA, January 14 - March 25, 2018
- Green Blue Magic, Port Townsend School of Art Gallery, Port Townsend, WA, April 1-29, 2019
- Photos Pixels & Pizzazz, (solo exhibition) Lattimer Center for Quilts and Textiles, Tillamook, OR, May 3-June 27, 2021
- Photos Pixels & Pizzazz, (solo exhibition), McLean Textile Gallery, McLean, VA, April 1-May 2, 2022
- Photos Pixels & Pizzazz, (solo exhibition), Quilt Show Reno, Reno-Sparks Convention Center, Reno NV, June 9-11, 2022
- Reflections of Light: Recent Works by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry, New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, July 13-October 20, 2022
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2022
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com