||Remote Float #2
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2022 Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Size: 30" wide x 30" high (76cm x 76cm)
- Techniques: original photography, digital design, digital painting, digital printing, machine quilting
- Fabric: 100% cotton / Batting: 50% cotton / 50% bamboo
- Price: $3200.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
In February 2020 we did a photographic workshop/tour in Antarctica. I loved the serenity of this cormorant, floating among the ice bergs in the remote and pristine wilderness of Neco Harbor. I decided to incorporate a lot of negative space in my design and digitally painted the background in a gradation from aqua to white. My design and matching custom binding strips, were printed by Spoonflower.com
The cormorant and the water surrounding it are heavily quilted and thread painted. The negative spaces are quilted simply with a series of almost parallel lines that echo the ripples in the water. The backing fabric is from my Glacier Park collection for Benartex.
To see a slide show of our whole Antarctic adventure, CLICK HERE.
- Reflections of Light: Recent Works by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry, New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, July 13 to October 20, 2022
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2022
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • firstname.lastname@example.org