||Chromatic Feathers #2
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2014 Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry
- Size: 30" x 30"
- Techniques: machine pieced, and
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton •
batting: 50% cotton / 50% bamboo
- Price: $4200.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
The design for this quilt began with a series of thumbnail sketches with wavy lines, radiating from a corner. I penciled in connections in many different ways, and picked the ones I likes the best. This is the second design in which I have used shapes drawn from traditional quilted "feathers". The feathers are pieced from four fabrics in my Gradations collection for Benartex. The background is pieced from eight different colors in my Electric Feathers collection.
All of the curved seams in
this quilt were joined using "Applipiecing", a technique
I developed in 1989 to make curved seams fast, easy,
and accurate. Instructions for applipiecing can be found in several of my patterns and workshops on CD as well as in my free online tutorial.
- Bryerpatch Studio Gallery, Port Townsend, WA, August-December, 2014
- 30 Quilts for 30 Years: Solo, traveling exhibition celebrating 30 years of making art quilts.
- Wisconsin Quilt Museum, Cedarburg, WI, January 14- April 12, 2015
- LaConner Quilt Museum, LaConner WA – July 1–October 4, 2015
- Virginia Quilt Museum, Harrisonburg, VA – October 14, - December 19, 2015
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion, University Museum, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, January 26 - April 16, 2016
- Fantasies in Fiber & Beads: (two person show) Northwind Arts Center, Port Townsend, WA, May 5-29, 2016
- Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry: 40 Years of Color, Light, & Motion
- Mitchell Museum, Cedarhurst Center for the Arts, Mt. Vernon, IL, July 31-October 9, 2016
- Nixon Centre for Performing & Visual Arts,
Newnan, GA January 9 - February 17, 2017
- Texas Quilt Museum, La Grange, TX • March 30 - June 25, 2017
- Color, Light, & Motion: Fine Art Quilts by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry, Art at the Old Alcohol Plant Gallery, Port Hadlock, WA, July 8-August 26, 2018
- Art of the See, Pippa’s Real Tea, 636 Water St, Port Townsend, WA, September-October 2019
- Photos Pixels & Pizzazz, (solo exhibition), McLean Textile Gallery, McLean, VA, April 1-May 2, 2022
- Photos Pixels & Pizzazz, (solo exhibition), Quilt Show Reno, Reno-Sparks Convention Center, Reno NV, June 9-11, 2022
- Reflections of Light: Recent Works by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry, New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, July 13 to October 20, 2022
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2022
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com