||Christine's Garden #1
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 2001 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 49" x 41"
- Techniques: Designed in Corel Draw, ink jet printed with archival
inks, machine pieced, and quilted
- Materials: fabric: 100% cotton / batting: 80% cotton / 20% polyester
- Price: $3500.00
you would like to purchase or exhibit this quilt, please contact Caryl privately.
Email Phone: 360-385-2568 Snail Mail: Bryerpatch Studio 10 Baycliff Place. Port Townsend, WA 98368
This quilt grew out of a series of photographs taken in June
of 2000 in Christine Porters's beautiful garden in Bristol, England. The photos
were taken with a macro lens to get really close-up details. They were scanned
on a flat bed scanner, and imported into Corel Draw, where they were collaged
together to make the final design. The rectangle with the large iris blossom
is floating over a background made from a greatly enlarged photo of the inside
of the iris. Clematis blossoms and vines form a border around the outside
of the quilt. The inner green border is made from a photo of moss growing
in a stream in Cheddar, England.
The quilt design was printed with archival ink in 12" wide
strips on an Epson 2000p printer.
- Indiana Heritage Quilt Show, 2002, Bloomington, IN
- International Quilt Association Show, 2002, Houston, TX
- Solo Exhibition, Little White School Museum, Oswego, IL 2003
- Fabric Cottage, Annual Quilt Festival, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, 2004
- Primedia Gallery, Golden Colorado, November, 2004-January 2005
- "Evolving Styles - 20 Years of Color & Design" Solo Exhibition:
LaConner Quilt Museum, LaConner WA, March 16 - May 15, 2005
- A Century of Quilt Designers, American Quilt Study Group (AQSG) Seminar,
October 2-6, 2008, Martin de Porres Center, Columbus, Ohio
- Williams Williams & Lentz, office, Paducah KY 2010-???
- Caryl Bryer Fallert: A Retrospective, New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, August 20 - October 31, 2015
- Photos Pixels & Pizzazz, (solo exhibition) Lattimer Center for Quilts and Textiles, Tillamook, OR, May 3-June 27, 2021
- Quilt Savvy: Fallert's Guide to Images on Fabric
2004 AQS, pp. 7,88,89
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2022
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com