||High Tech Tucks #8
See details & more information below
- Copyright © 1988 Caryl Bryer Fallert
- Size: 40" x 57"
- Techniques: Hand dyed, pleated, machine pieced, and
- Materials: fabric-100% cotton /
- Private collection
This is one of a series of quilts in which constructed tucks are incorporated into a pieced background.. Color and value gradations and the twisting of the tucks give the illusion of movement over the surface. A second texture is introduced in the slashed panels of graduated color in the top and bottom borders.
The back is pieced from hand dyed fabrics and a cotton print.
details for larger images
- American Gallery of Quilt and Textile Art, Gig Harbor, WA (solo exhibition) August, 1988
- The Artist Works Gallery, Naperville, IL 1989
Web Site Design by Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry © 1997-2022
All Rights Reserved
Bryerpatch Studio • 10 Baycliff Place • Port Townsend, WA • 98368 • USA
360-385-2568 • email@example.com